Monday, October 10, 2011

Nagoya Week 2

We started taking classes this week. I'll be taking a class in Map Appreciation (whatever that is) with a professor who is a little bit off, but is knowledgeable and enthusiastic. My Japanese culture class is taught by a Japanese man who learned Spanish before English, so he will occasionally substitute words. I will also be taking a class in Japanese film history. That's pretty much it until Japanese classes start next today. Now on to the important stuff!
Over the weekend I went to a party which was far too loud and made a random Chinese friend. I was also conversing oddly naturally with Japanese speakers. Almost like I've been learning the language or something. Who woulda guessed?
It was a long weekend, so Sunday I just cleaned my room and did laundry. I have an appointment with one of my tutors where he will tell me how on earth I can get internet.
On Monday a group of us went to Inuyama to see the castle there and any other things that might be there. I happened to drop my camera, and now there's some problem in the connection between the screen and camera. I'll fix it later. Anyways, here's pictures.
Inuyama is a bit out in the country.

Photobucket
Photobucket

After the castle we went to go see the Buddhist Temple, and found this badass little fellow on the way.

Photobucket

The temple was located above a cemetary which was on a hill and was a bit crowded.

Photobucket
The temple was nice and there was a cool Buddah.

Photobucket
Photobucket

But the really cool part was the shrine that we found when we went up a very safe and clearly marked path.

Photobucket

It was very well maintained and there were no large spiders at all.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The shrine itself was beautiful and serene and in all seriousness was my favorite place on the trip.

Photobucket

After that, we went down another completely different well-marked path, and found this. Attention to those of you looking to buy property. It's a beautiful property but is in need of a little TLC.

Photobucket
Photobucket


That's it for this week. After the trip I was extremely exhausted and went to bed early so I would be conscious for Japanese tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment