Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day J4

Greetings all.
In today's class we had a guest lecture from Professor Lennon, who will be teaching us next week while Professor Kucera is in China. It was an interesting lecture overall, but the best part was that she has a British accent. Whenever I spoke for about half an hour after the lecture, I had to try to not use that accent. Anywho, there was a nice view of the skyline from the classroom window and you could sorta see mount Fuji.



After class, we made a quick trip to Akihabara.



This was the first thing I saw when I left the station. There was a performer off to the side playing strangely fitting Peruvian music. Anyways, for the duration of the two or three short hours there, I was able to cross at least three people off my souvenir list, and do extreme shopping for myself, and I didn't even leave sight of the station door. I plan to return on Saturday and see all of the stuff that I didn't on my first trip.
I got semi-lost on the way back to the dorm. I took a train to Minami Funagashi instead of Higashi Funabashi and ended up using a good hour trying to go sbout a ten minute train ride away. I'll call it a learning experience.

2 comments:

  1. British accents are amazing. I hope you caught the content of the lecture in addition to the amazingness of the accent...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is "Professor Lennon" Myanna? She was our TA last year! She's pretty hardcore, too; a year ago she was taking us all over Tokyo while heavily pregnant and we actually had to work to keep up with her. And she's a total sweetheart at the same time.

    Regarding your "learning experience": ohhh don't worry. We got lost on trains a ridiculous number of times last year. It's like a rite of passage for a gaijin in Tokyo.

    Hope you had lots of fun in Akihabara! (It sounds like you did.) That's so cool that there was a street performer. And Peruvian music? Pretty epic.

    ReplyDelete